Reducing Stress While Gaining Insights With Better Tools
Medical sales reps have a tough job that is made even harder by the lack of technology offered by their companies. The missing tools that would make their jobs easier, hinders them with their day-to-day functions. Better technology could give them more time to accomplish what they were actually hired to do: sell!
The last thing these sales reps want to deal with is paperwork. Here is a window into the many painful challenges sales reps face on a daily basis:
Doubt & Stress
- Doubt creeps in right out of the gate when the case your sales rep is currently covering, isn’t quite yet completed and a text comes through indicating there is an add-on surgery.
- The surgery is at the same hospital and no one is available to cover it, except your sales rep. Panic starts to set in as this surgery isn’t quite over.
Clutter & Disorganization
- They’ve got the stickers from the implants in their hand, along with the handwritten notes of everything else that was used during surgery. However, the other case has already started so they need to get to that OR as quickly as possible.
- Yet, while running down the hall to the next surgery, stickers are flying all over the hallway—but they don’t notice, as their thoughts are already in the next surgery, wondering if they have the correct inventory.
Human Error & Too Much Manual Effort
- Then, the surgeon performing the surgery, finally finishes and the circulator sends them off with the sticker sheet. They still need to attach these stickers as well as write down the product id’s that do not come with stickers because the hospital still needs their own documentation as to what was used during the surgery.
- Now they need to fax the sticker sheet back to their office so the restocks can get generated to replenish what was used.
In addition to the wasted effort, the sales reps are left wondering some pretty key thoughts as they veer downstairs to clean up the implant room and rebuild the bins they KNOW the office will need back asap. Thought bubble of said sales rep; Did I forget stickers? Are the product ID’s correct? Did I seem flustered in there? Did I DVR Game of Thrones? Hopefully the Surgeon didn’t notice my confidence dropping?
Better tools combined with better processes will create efficiencies that help the sales reps serve the surgeons better. There are now tools and processes available that can help solve all of these problems.
Problem Solved (or at least helped)
With the Movemedical mobile app and desktop software, all that stress has been taken away. The process becomes simple because these tools were purpose-built for this exact situation.
The mobile app offers the freedom to add usage as the surgery is taking place (with or without wifi), right in the OR. No more messy sticker sheets to carry around. When the surgery is completed, what was used is easily emailed directly to the circulator. If a signature is needed for documentation purposes, then have the circulator sign the app—and just like that, they’re off to their next surgery. Restocks are generated as soon as the case is reconciled, so they have the confidence the inventory that was used will get replenished. Nothing more to worry about other than what will be waiting for them in the next OR and whether the surgeon is in a good mood or not.
When you are ready to make your life easier as well as the life of your entire team, then you are ready for Movemedical.
In addition to helping sales reps save time in the OR, you need a platform for Sales Force Effectiveness.
A complete tool should be able to or have:
- Directed Picking & Put-away
- Surgery Scheduling (+ Calendar)
- Active Order Visibility
- Shipping Coordination (FedEx, UPS Integration)
- Customer/Account Management
- Opportunity/Lead Management
- Surgeon Preferences
- Inventory Control & Visibility (All Locations, All Buckets)
- Auto Product Replenishment
- Commission Calculations
- Expiration Notifications
- Direct Orders
- Send & Receive Tools (Rep to Rep etc.)
- Contract & List Pricing (Real-time)
- Audit/Cycle Counts
- Reporting & Billing
- Image & File Sharing
- Secure HIPAA Compliant Communication
- Mobile Usage Capture
- UDI Compliance
- Barcode Scanning
- RFID Integration
- ERP/CRM/EMR Integrations
- Demand Planning Tools
- Consignment/Loaner Management
- Pluggable Workflows (Programmatic Integrations, Integrated Prediction Models)
- Sourcing Matrix Tool
- HIPAA Compliant Communication Platform (Messages, Calendar, Usage, Notes, Files)
- Sourcing Optimization
- Future Stock (Virtual Inventory Assigned to Future Events)
- Atomic Inventory (UDI Ready, Piece Level Tracking, Serialized or Not)
- Hybrid Kitting (Skinny Kits)
- Cross Boundary Workflows
- Lost & Found (Automatic Cycle Counting )
- Merger/Acquisition Integration
- Par Management
- Multi-Catalog Management
- Loan Optimization (1 Loan Per Day)
- Separate or Combined Sales & Operations Alignment
- Cost-to-Serve & Turn Ratio Dashboards
- Sales Metrics / Data (Reps, Leaders, Corporate)
- Instant Notifications (User and System Generated)
Need to talk with someone? We understand. Call anytime.
or visit: www.movemedical.com/product
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PERSONAL DEMO NOW
877.469.3992 | firstname.lastname@example.org