You want better data.
You want actionable data.
You want to serve the surgeons better.
You want intelligent field automation.
You want real-time sales metrics, turn ratios, surgeon trends, and predictive forecasting.
You want to make sure inventory is always where it needs to be when it needs to be there.
Better Inventory Optimization Starts With The Sales Force
In traditional inventory (production, distribution) planning the usage recorded in the ERP system is the data used to plan for the future. In the medical device world, this data can be useful in general, but not predictive and not a complete picture of what actually happened.
What happens in the medical device field is very different than how an ERP is built to handle information.
Also, this process is reactive.
Using old information to plan for the future does not guarantee accuracy.
The reason is actual usage has so many variables, it is almost impossible to predict 100%.
Yet, if you can collect exact requirements for future cases, track what was in the OR, verify exact sizes, and compare instruments to implants, then it is possible to predict what is “likely” to be needed and therefore assigned to each location (rep, hospital, warehouse, distributor) which then determines what each surgeon will have immediate access to.
The Simple Process
Provide this: On a mobile app create a unified calendar that allows for case creation tied directly to product requesting that then allows for mobile usage capture which is fully integrated back to the ERP.
This simple process reduces inventory emergencies.
This tool-based process also typically eliminates over 30% of shipping costs and helps maintain UDI and lot control compliance, while providing everyone with much deeper visibility into current and future inventory needs.
Traditional software does not tie the surgery needs to future planning in a systematic way. It might provide some visibility, but the data is used only after the fact. Plus, since it is not gathering the correct data, it couldn’t be used the right way anyway.
The data that comes from specific cases/surgeries (events) as soon as they happen is what helps to update the database (ERP or Movemedical) and prioritize the work (assigning inventory, planning, sourcing, billing).
More than just basic usage after the fact, for every surgery (besides trauma) each piece of requested inventory must be known and then compared to what was actually used. This should happen real-time.
Important data that Movemedical gathers in order to make event-based planning a reality includes:
- Everything that was brought into the operating room. Not just what was consumed, but every implant, item, and piece of inventory that was in the OR for every surgery or case.
- Mapping data that shows the items sold vs. the instruments used
- Product Family Info – exact sizes of which items were actually implanted
- Case Schedule Data – “active days” and “peak days” (a must for planning accuracy)
The Right Tool Drives The Right Processes
If it is not easy to use, it won’t get used.
This is where a better scheduling, tracking, and tracing tool comes in.
If you can collect the right data, then planning rep and hospital consignment along with future planning becomes much more attainable.
Often, though the right data is not even collected. That is what we have found with most major medical device company, they don’t collect the correct data, so there is no way to accurately plan their field inventory.
Ease of use and actionable functionality are a must to help drive proper behavior. This means having an easy to use tool that can first collect the right data, then has the functionality to act on it followed by the ability to create predictive plans for the future.
The proper tool does a few things extremely well:
- Case Management (Creation, Procedure, Surgeon, Product Requesting, Billing)
- Usage Capture Instrument Tracking
- True Inventory Management (Item Level as well as: Sets, Kits, & Trays)
- Consignment & Loaner Management
Increase Service Levels & Optimize Inventory
In order to meet your goals and serve the surgeons better, the tool used must provide visibility but also needs to manage inventory effectively. Either or is not a viable option. The same tool that does order entry, product requesting, case management must also be the IMS for the inventory teams.
If the tool does these things well, is fully ERP integrated and is easy to use your entire field operations will dramatically change.
You will serve the patients and surgeons better.
You will automate and reduce busywork.
You will create accountability.
You will optimize inventory.
You will drive visibility.
You will sell more.
If you want to sell more, build stronger relationships all while reducing headaches and cumbersome manual admin work, you need to speak with us.
Contact us: 858.956.0219 or email@example.com
WATCH DEMO NOW (you can personalize it to your needs/wants)
A good sales & inventory solution is worth its weight in gold, a fully integrated medical device focused operations and sales force effectiveness platform is priceless.
A complete sales & inventory tool should be able to or have:
- Surgery Scheduling (+ Calendar)
- Surgeon Preferences / Preference Cards
- CRM / Case & Opportunity Management
- Inventory Control & Visibility (All Locations, All Buckets)
- Active Order Visibility
- Opportunity/Lead Management
- Customer/Account Management
- Sales Metrics / Data (Reps, Leaders, Corporate)
- Shipping Coordination (FedEx, UPS Integration)
- Directed Picking & Put-away (Bin Mapped)
- Auto Product Replenishment
- Commission Calculations
- Expiration Notifications
- Direct Orders
- Send & Receive Tools (Rep to Rep etc.)
- Contract & List Pricing (Real-time)
- Audit/Cycle Counts
- Reporting & Billing
- Image & File Sharing
- Secure HIPAA Compliant Communication
- Mobile Usage Capture
- UDI Compliance
- Barcode Scanning
- RFID Integration & RFID Reconciling (HF/UHF)
- ERP/CRM/EMR Integrations
- Demand Planning Tools
- Consignment/Loaner Management
- Pluggable Workflows (Programmatic Integrations, Integrated Prediction Models)
- Sourcing Matrix Tool
- HIPAA Compliant Communication Platform (Messages, Calendar, Usage, Notes, Files)
- Sourcing Optimization
- Future Stock (Virtual Inventory Assigned to Future Events)
- Atomic Inventory (UDI Ready, Piece Level Tracking, Serialized or Not)
- Hybrid Kitting (Skinny Kits, Kit Management, Kit Versioning, Tracking)
- Cross-Boundary Workflows
- Lost & Found (Automatic Cycle Counting )
- Merger/Acquisition Integration
- Par Management
- Multi-Catalog Management
- Loan Optimization (1 Loan Per Day)
- Separate or Combined Sales & Operations Alignment
- Cost-to-Serve Metrics
- Turn Ratio Dashboards
Need to talk with someone? We understand. Call anytime.
or visit: www.movemedical.com/product